Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Tex-Mex Hot Dogs
You will need:
- 8 wooden toothpicks, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 tablespoons sour cream, divided
- 1 avocado, cut into 8 slices
- 4 tablespoons hot or mild salsa, divided
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Wrap the bacon in a spiral around each hot dog, then secure the bacon with a toothpick on each side.
- Place the hot dogs on the grill and cook, turning once, until the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the hot dog buns by spreading a tablespoon of sour cream on the inside of each bun.
- When the hot dogs are done, take out the toothpicks and put each hot dog into a bun.
- Top with 2 slices of avocado on each hot dog and a tablespoon of salsa.